Three steps to use Siilihai
Step 1: Download the clientDownload the Siilihai client and install it on your PC or phone.
Step 2: Register as a Siilihai userYou can do it now using web browser or later with the client software when you run it for the first time. Registration is optional, but you must register to use syncing and some other features.
Step 3: Subscribe to forumsYou can browse the forums supported by Siilihai and subscribe to the ones you like. You can also choose which groups you are interested in and hide the rest.
Forum not supported?Because web forums do not have a common way to access data, all forums require either a TapaTalk plugin installed by the forum administrator or a special parser to be usable with Siilihai.
If a forum you wish to read is not supported, you have three options:
- If you know HTML language used to create web pages, you can add the support yourself.
- You can ask someone on the forum or your friends who know HTML to add the support.
- You can add a request to add the forum so that Siilihai staff or some of our users might add the support.
There are some known limitations in Siilihai:
- Every forum cannot be supported. Although Siilihai parsers can support most of them, there may be some forum software that can't be added. Common phpBB, SimpleMachines and vBulletin forums can be supported.
- All media objects are not currently supported. Images can be displayed, but it is better to read forums containing a lot of videos or Flash content with a web browser. Siilihai uses WebKit browser to display messages, so anything WebKit supports should work.
- Private messaging and other functionality not directly related to actual discussions is not supported.